Thursday, October 29, 2009

Our First Mission

     It has been brought to my attention that a young man in Okeechobee FL, whom was working for Home Depot, has been fired for wearing an American Flag pin that said "One Nation Under God".  He had been wearing the pin for over a year until then he started bringing his Bible to work to read it on his lunch break.  Management asked him to take off the pin because it violated the company dress code.  He refused.  The company then told him they would give him another pin with the words "United We Stand" enscrypted on it.  He also refused that saying "you cant have country without God".  He was then put on a 6 day suspension and then termintaed on October 23rd. 

     In my opinion, and correct me if im wrong, this is against our constitution.  his rights were taken away.  His rights to freedom of speech and freedom of religion.  I dont know if anyone has ever walked into a Home Depot, but I sure have and I always see associates wearing multiple buttons on thier aprons, sometimes even hundreds of buttons.  I think this is outrageous and unnacceptable.  I went ahead and started a petition against Home Depot.  I will post the link at the end of this blog.  I believe Home Depot should write a formal written apology to the American people for stripping this young man of his rights.  He was not running around preaching his beliefs on other people and his button never recieved 1 complaint in the 19 months that he wore it.  I dont see an issue and I believe this young man should have his job back.  Lets let our voice be heard America.  Every signature is 1 individual voice on this petition.  I will send all your voices to Home Depot Corporate Office in Atlanta, GA when I recieve a substantial amount of voices.  My goal is over 1 million.  Is this possible?  Ill let you decide.  If successful, this will show the rest of the nation that true Americans will defeat the fairy tale the government has put forth in front of us.  Thank you for your help and support.  Please leave me a comment.  Whether your for it or against it, were all Americans and I want to hear your feedback.  God Bless You and God Bless America. 

Home Depot Petition. Let your voice be heard!!

6 comments:

  1. Know the truth before you create a petition. Trevor decided not to adhere to the dress code policy. There is always two sides. You are right the store associates wear many pins and patches but they are all company issued.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always look at two sides. Thats my job. One, I have talked to over 100 Home Depot employees that have stated they have several buttons on thier aprons that were not company issued. They are thier personal buttons that customers give them, they collect, or buy from somewhere. Two, Trevor wore the button to work for 19 months and it was never a problem. I could see if maybe a customer was offended, but there is no report that he ever recieved a complaint or caused any harm on anyone elses personal rights. Three, I believe the manager either had a vandetta against him or just did not like the fact that the button said "God". I do believe in following the rules and company policy, I believe we must all do that as law abiding citizens, but something is not adding up and I dont think it has to do with Trevor. Now I may be wrong and ill refrain in sending the petition until the trial to be sure we are not petitioning a good company who happened to have a bad apple of an employee. I am just doing what I believe is right and following my heart and I believe that companies that dont believe in our country and our rights should take thier business elsewhere. The same with the people that live in this country. If you dont like it, leave it. And so far I have 168 people that believe the same as I do. Only time will tell. Thank you for your input and God Bless :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate the fact that we can respectflly disagree. The fact of the matter is that Trevor did not adhere to the policy. The media reports state that he was suspended for 6 days when in fact he was suspended in 0ne day intervals and each day he returned to rebel on the 7 day the 18 year veteran store manager had to make a decision.In regards to the 100+ employeess who are also not complying there are many who would like their jobs, straighten up. For those who think this is an issue about being American, Trevor was given an alternative Flag pin. For those of you whose argument is the pin omitted God, what if your cashier wore a pin that states I love the devil. For those of you who states that you are shopping at Lowes for now on Google Lowes and Christmas Pin. They terminated an employee for wearing a Keep Christ in Christmas pin. I love Jesus and all people. Keep the feedback coming. God Bless :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we got a bit carried away here. If a company policy states you must adhere to a uniform code, then, you have the choice of either following it, or find another job. It seems that some people are trying to create a religious icon out of a pin. Your beliefs are carried within you, not on a silly piece of metal, and certainly doesn't have to be advertised.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thank you guys for your comments. i appreciate any feedback. I do believe you are right on a couple things. The other employees should straighten up because there are alot of jobless people that would be more than happy to work right now. As far as Lowes terminating someone, I did not know that until now and I appreciate you bringing that to my attention. Now on the fact of freedom of religion. I agree it would definately upset me if someone was wearing a Muslim pin or I love the Devil pin. That was a great question. We have too many double standards in this country. I would definately not like seeing someone wearing some of these pins but it is thier right. They have that right to express how they feel though. And your right. your beliefs are carried inside you and a pin (a piece of metal) does not determine who you are, it only expresses what you stand for. The reason I am going after this company on my petition is because of our current situation in our government. Too many people are being run over by the government and these huge corporations and I am just trying to open peoples eyes a little bit. Home Depot fired someone over that silly pin and I believe that we have the freedom to expression, speech and religion and that is his right. If we dont stop the government and big corporations from stomping on our rights before we know it, we wont have any left and we will be slaves to these entities. Home Depot is not the only one out there, but I decided to take them in as a first step in doing my part in exposing issues like these. I appreciate everyone who reads this and who leaves thier feedback. I respect ALL my brothers and sisters and fellow Americans and respect that we all have different opinions. may God be with you and God Bless America!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you're missing the point here. Yes, the constitution secures your freedom of speech, religion, etc. However, when one works for a company, they have to abide by the rules set by that company. If they don't like those rules, you are more than free to go look for a new job.

    This isn't Home Depot targeting a man because of his religion, it's simply business. Home Depot is not keeping the man from practicing his religion outside the store, for that doesn't harm them. The company wants to make money! How do you do this? Simple: You want to attract as many people as possible to your stores. This is done by taking ALL religions out of the store, so that people don't feel left out. It's easy as that.

    ReplyDelete